Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Credit Score Myths

CNN Money has an article discussing eight myths some people believe about credit scores. I have been told by several people that checking your credit score will hurt it. Money discusses this and seven other commonly believed ideas about credit scores.

  • You only have one credit score.
  • Checking your credit score will lower your score.
  • Your age, income and sex are factored into your score.
  • A higher salary will boost your score.
  • To remove unfavorable info just dispute it.
  • Shopping around for a loan hurts your score.
  • Credit card offers are hurting your score.
  • When you get married your credit scores are merged.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site J, I found to be interesting. When I was searching for credit repair yours was catching. While working on my site credit repair I have been looking to make it better and found yours to be useful. Thanks!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home